A serious question in my brain is that … Ahh, wait you guys might have that same question,” What am I going to do?”
It’s a pretty common question right….. but have you ever thought of it, seriously guys this blog is not meant for any motivational purposes at all .
Lemme Introduce myself I’m Akshit in this and all the upcoming blogs I’ll try to explain what I want to do and you guys can even share your ideas.
Let’s talk I don’t know when it all started but I actually like traveling and exploring all the places across India.
REASON: Don’t know why but the way I see people making some vlogs it makes me super excited………… Let’s embark now on my virtual future.
The first place which is super excited in my list is the “ANDAMAN & NICOBAR ISLANDS”. So, Let’s hope my future journey to this island will be a good adventure.
Andaman & Nicobar Islands:
The most common thing that comes into our mind after listening to the name many of you guys will picture, That place which is shown in the right image isn’t it guys???
But believe me, there are many things you even can’t believe that they even exist on this island, So“How to go there?” will be the first question.
Modes of transport to reach Andaman & Nicobar Islands:
Airway transport is available to reach A&N Islands, but we’ve some limited flights from limited known Cities of India. Some major cities connecting to these islands are Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Visakhapatnam, Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, etc.
There is only one airport in Andaman & Nicobar that is “Veer Savarkar International Airport” but the fact is that the Airport doesn’t have any international flights but the government planned to convert it into International Airport by June-July 2020. (but now we can only wish “GO CORONA CORONA GO”)
Well now coming to the List of Flights to reach this island are as follows: (also includes the rate list from yatra)
The Veer Savarkar International Airport or Port Blair Airport has only one terminal to date but it’s going to be massive in my opinion at least by 2023 when I will graduate. (XD hopefully)
The A&N Islands are well connected to the major cities of India through waterways, the port cities such as Chennai, Visakhapatnam, Kolkata are well connected to the A&N Islands. But many of us have traveled in trains, cars, flights, etc. but many of us never. Traveled in steamer and ships right isn’t it?
As per the survey the waterway mode of transport is the safest option to travel some place. Well keeping this information apart and coming to the point there are some limited number of ships sailing from mainland of India to the A&N Islands.
Roughly the estimation is that there are only 3-4 sailings from the Port of Kolkata & Chennai to Haddo Wharf Port in 1 month (or Port Blair port) and vice-versa and there is only 1 sailing per month from Visakhapatnam to Haddo Wharf. But the crucial thing which we need to know about this process is that we can’t book tickets online instead we personally need to visit the Shipping Corporation Offices in Kolkata, Chennai, and Visakhapatnam which would be a very lengthy process.
But one time we can give a try right it’s going to be an adventure for me anyway (You guys can share your thoughts about this).
The duration of the journey is pretty long and it doesn’t even have any sort of entertainment but if you’re are with your friends and family You seriously don’t need any kind of. entertainment they’ll provide you everything.
**** If you’re a fitness freak you as you want to burn calories and all that I would tell you to swim from the mainland of India to the A&N Islands. (XD)
Some information about Andaman & Nicobar Islands and its geography:
- The capital city of Andaman and Nicobar Island is Port Blair. The A&N Islands consist of a total of 572 islands out of which 325 are in Andaman and 247 are in Nicobar but the 37 islands combining both islands are being isolated. Andaman & Nicobar Islands are the islands that the only place to the three Indian Tri Armed forces. (The Indian Army, The Indian Navy and The Indian Airforce)
- The picture below shows the A&N Islands as seen from a flight.
- But when I asked one of my relative who was a member of Indian Navy, he advised me that one shouldn’t visit these islands in Monsoon season because of high tidal waves and the high-velocity winds the place becomes more and more dangerous, the best time to visit this place is from mid-October to May also, it has some cleanest beaches across the Indian Subcontinent as shown.
- We all know that every state has its own state animal and even Union Territories does. Anyone can guess what is the state animal of Andaman &Nicobar Islands?
- Sea Cow or Du gong. It is one of the vulnerable species included in IUCN.
- The Andaman and Nicobar are the only place in India where we can find these dugong’s they are extremely friendly like dolphins.
- The A&N Islands have the only volcano in India situated in the Barren Island, the mud volcano which was last erupted way back in 2017 the eruption took place due to the earthquake caused in the Indian Ocean during 2004 Tsunami.
- The local people of these islands call these mud volcanoes as JALKI.
To be continued…………………..
Click here for more content like this.